Tuesday, December 4, 2012

[A Challenge!] Saving Money.

The "Piggy Bank"

Blog friend Sue over at "Our New Life in the Country" had a brilliant post about how she and hubby (who has swanky taste in dressing gowns, don't let Sue fool you!) saved their coins for a year and then counted it up. I wandered over to the hostess of the challenge SFT's Blog and read about it.

Those who know me know I'm the world's WORST saver. I am horrible. Money burns holes in my pocket! I have so many wants! Alas, a limited income from disability means I often have to choose between doing without things like food or doing without the fun things. Of course, if I just saved X per month.. problem is, of course, I can SEE it sitting in the savings' account, so I end up transferring it out and spending it.

The magic here is I have to remove duct tape and admit I broke into the 'piggy bank' (aka the marge tub). So, I'm hoping to save up for a trip to Omaha. If for whatever reason Cabana Boy and I break up, then.. uh, I'll come up with a plan b. :D It's a year away, I'm sure I'll change my mind on what I want it for 500 times!

Right now I'm planning to toss all Canadian coins in there. That's twonies ($2), loonies ($1), quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. (Not that pennies are being made anymore.) Right now that change typically gets splurged on a Tim Hortons extra large coffee. Time to put it to a less ephemeral use, right?

Freddie says I should spend it on an extra deluxe gerbil friendly running system. I told him to get a job.

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Mick says that should things with Cabana Boy not work out, the money should be spent on your neglected and unloved furry godbun, so perhaps his suffering might be a bit eased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh forget Cabana Boy then, I'll just pop over there and bring Mickey treats in exchange for kisses and head pets. :)

      Delete
  2. if it doesn't work out with cabana boy there are other holidays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Irish family have been muttering that they're not getting any younger.. :D

      Delete